He’s been coming round a lot lately, persuading me and pretending to have my best interests at heart when really he’s a self-serving blighter.
When I’m thinking of going for a speed walk he’s telling me, “weather’s not too good today”. When I’m about to pop my kit on for a cross-trainer workout he’s at my shoulder saying, “you can’t exercise on an empty stomach”. Even when I’m thinking about some gentle stretching after a long stint of writing, he’s there with coffee and biscuits… “homemade why don’t you?” He always seems to catch me off guard.
I should never have listened. I gave in far too easily. I’m not usually such a pushover.
I’ve been thinking about where this copping out will get me and today I’m making a new start. I opened the door and threw him out. “And don’t come back,” I yelled so the neighbours could hear.
I’ve made up my mind to stand up to Mr Excuse.
Image credit: Pixabay
© All posts are protected by copyright with all rights reserved. You are very welcome to link to an article, but if you would like to re-publish my work, commercially or non-commercially, please contact me. Thank you.
- Have you seen the latest Wildlife Blog Collection? - 9th February 2019
- Remembering a blackbird fledgling - 4th January 2019
- Jewel in the crown: New Zealand’s yellow-eyed penguin - 1st January 2019
- Blackbird Haiku - 26th August 2018
- Ocean plastic waste: be part of the solution not the problem - 20th June 2018