While stocks last,
Choose from our new menu of free-range birds,
Sourced and slaughtered in the wild.
Stitchbird soup with garlic croutons
A little cautious perhaps, then try
Matured tui tossed in flaxseed oil with fries and catsup sauce
Skewered silvereye served on cat’s tongue cookie drizzled with cranberry coulis
Peppered pukeko served in Huntsman’s sauce
Poached South Island kaka caged in lattice pastry
Fillet of sole on scrambled dotterel eggs with wine reduction
Pan fried local penguin served blue in squash surprise.
More adventurous, less conscientious, then try
Marinated Australasian gannet wings drenched in oil on sea-salt couscous
Seared line-caught royal albatross with dashi agar agar jelly and tangled carrots
Rare fairy tern with sterlet caviar steeped in sorrel jus
Sun-dried yellow-eyed penguin with bitter-sweet squid garnish
North Island kiwi bled overnight served shredded on green leaves
Medallions of moa cooked to extinction.
Our speciality dessert – Death by Complacency.
© All posts are protected by copyright with all rights reserved. You are very welcome to link to an article, but if you would like to re-publish my work, commercially or non-commercially, please contact me. Thank you.
- Plastic waste: be part of the solution not the problem - 20th June 2018
- Books to open your mind and improve your life - 13th April 2018
- Why there should be no black and white in veganism - 18th October 2017
- Education, communication and cooperation: cornerstone for change - 14th September 2017
- Pollution from pipes beached in Norfolk puts wildlife at risk - 14th August 2017